March 2, 2009

Grandma Martha is Here And She Brings Gifts!

I am a day late to wish you all a happy Baba Marta (Grandma Martha) and hand you out virtual Martenitsi!

As much as she is a moody woman, she also brings gifts this year! Tim and I went and finally bought the elliptical we have been dreaming of for the past couple of months. Joy! But to make it even better, today I became the owner of a brand new camera! So I will finally be able to put tutorial pictures up and whatnot (once it's done charging).


My dad gave me a great idea today and I already got it in my head to go tomorrow and get a small Lilac shrub. I already got the perfect pot for it, but I doubt it will bloom this year, since I will get a baby plant. However, I think the balcony is a perfect place for it, and since it stands cold weather I don't have to worry about bringing it inside in winter. By the time it starts getting big, our house will be built and I'll be able to plant it in the garden.



I also need to figure out what to do with my little Gaultheria. Think I will need to repot it and put it outside for the summer. I haven't been able to find much information on it, so that's part of my project for the week.

(Image taken from here. )

I haven't been making great progress on my Martenitsi project, but we've had a bunch of family activities this weekend. I still have 2 more days before I have to hand them out, and Tim wants to help me, so that should be more than doable.

On the other hand, I was able to finish trimming the stalks of the Pelargonium plants, so that's one project completed. Now they are ready to invest all their energy into new leaves and blossoms!

0 comments: