April 3, 2009

Gardening Woes

It’s been almost a week since I last posted, but my life swirled around me and caught me in a hurricane I haven’t been able to get away from for a few days. Been so swamped with things I couldn’t even think of anything inspirational to even blog about.

But, some gardening troubles can quickly get me back in mode!

So, here’s the bad news. My grandma gave mom a beautiful hydrangea for her birthday, and so I was promoted to be the sole tender after mom put it out on the balcony because the weather has just been so gorgeous. Well, the plant didn’t think it was that gorgeous… I came home to a withered hydrangea last night, all the beautiful blossoms looking like someone dragged them 5 miles from the back of a car… I can’t tell you how much it pained my heart, especially since I love those plants. I didn’t get to take pictures of the poor creature, but here’s what it looks like after some necessary doctoring…

P4030171

But, it’s not all that bad. I believe she (yes, I think it’s a girl, and yes, I am that badly involved) will get better now that I cut all withered parts and gave her some fresh water.

On the plus side, do you remember the liliums? This is what they look like now!

Liliums

They took a while to start growing, but once they did, they’ve been like mushrooms.

I also spent some time repotting my basil, rosemary and petunias. They have grown significantly in the past day and a half.

Basil seedlings

Petunia seedlings

And another update! I don’t know if you have ever used it, but it’s a program that came with my MS Office package, and it’s called OneNote. I love that program! You can create your virtual notebook with as many separators, tabs and folders as you like. You don’t have to save it, you can add colors and borders to it, you can write anywhere you see fit, and they give you templates for all kinds of theme notes in case you don’t want to have a custom one.

So, if you remember, I talked about creating a Gardener’s Journal, and guess where I did that… yes, my Journal is virtual, paperless, totally GREEN Gardener’s journal. I can add pictures and notes to my heart’s content!

OneNote

In addition, I found an awesome lady’s blog that truly inspires me - Simply Seleta.

Oh, and I got a new hairstyle I will show you tomorrow.

Have a peaceful afternoon, everyone!

Sig

0 comments: