April 30, 2009

I Miss Good Ol' "Made in the US"

Ahem, let me start over.

Do you remember our new bed? And do you remember the oopsie? Well, guess what...

Yes, we ordered a mattress - one that actually fits. It got delivered today. Sort of.

They were supposed to be here at 4 p.m. Five hours later it was finally in - I was particularly happy about that especially after having a day at work where I just wanted to strangle everyone, figuratively speaking.

Only, when the mattress gets here it turns out it's not a mattress. It's a box spring. Yes, that's right, your eyes are not deceiving you. A box spring. Technically, it's a box spring/mattress because it has padding on top but a wooden frame beneath. A wooden frame that's over 1/2" out of square and doesn't fit the bed frame at all. In times like this I let a mental curse out and really miss the good old American craftsmanship where things actually work and are built with attention to detail.

Good thing I have a hubby who grew up in the construction industry, knows what he's doing and has some serious muscle going on, because if it were up to me I'd be drowning in my own tears by now. After some extensive pushing and pulling, prodding and tweaking, and some scary screeching and cracking noises that our poor little bed frame made to let us know it didn't really appreciate all that attention, the thing is finally in. What a sigh of relief!

On the plus side I have 6 days off of work starting tomorrow so that will give me time to focus on my crafting and gardening. I am really looking forward to that!

Don't forget, I'll be posting about my giveaway tomorrow, so stay tuned!






1 comments:

T. W. Anderson said...

I haven't dropped that many f-bombs in a long time :) Took a bit of nudging but I made the damn thing fit!

Was really disappointed, but at this point I just wanted it put together, so I didn't bother with complaining...I just made it work. But yes...I do miss Made in the USA lol