June 5, 2009

Tea/Coffee Set Sneak Peak

Remember me talking about the tea/coffee set transformation? Well, I went out and found some really cute napkins that I thought would do just fine. After spending a couple of hours working on it, here’s what I have so far:

Serviette technique

This is one of the cups/plates before baking and before glazing. The cups are currently in the oven, as I had to make some finishing touches on the plates, and the glue is still wet.

What I found out is that it is incredibly difficult to measure the size of the napkin cutout against the size of the cups/plates, not only because they are very angular, but also because once the napkin is wet it stretches beyond my expectations. I’m not very happy with the way the edges of the plates turned out, but I guess I can file them slightly once done.

When the set is fully complete I’ll post before and after pictures.

Hope you’re all having a fabulous day!

Sig

7 comments:

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Interesting! I'm curious to see the finished product.

Design It Chic said...

Oooo intrigued indeed!! can't wait for this before and after!
Have a fabulous Sunday and enjoy the simple things!(hence my post:)

Heart in the country said...

I look forward to seeing more pics when everything is finished Evy.

Oh and I haven't forgotten about the award, I will put in up on my next post and thankyou for the tag, I will do that at the same time x

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like it's going to turn out just lovely!

Restoration House Interiors said...

OMG, Evy this is so beautiful! How are you? Haven't talked to you in a while...forgive me for not posting the "6 Things" tag yet...so sorry but I promise I am going to get do it..I promise! Be sure to visit my blog when you get a moment...having a giveaway and a paaarrrrtay next week! More details there...loves.

-Kennesha

Design It Chic said...

Howdy ho Evy?? What are you up to girl??? Long time no posting:)
Will come back later on .. see if you're back to blogland already!
Have a great Friday!

Jane said...

WoW! What kind of glue did you use? Are they washable now? This is like magic to me!