Remember me talking about the tea/coffee set transformation? Well, I went out and found some really cute napkins that I thought would do just fine. After spending a couple of hours working on it, here’s what I have so far:
This is one of the cups/plates before baking and before glazing. The cups are currently in the oven, as I had to make some finishing touches on the plates, and the glue is still wet.
What I found out is that it is incredibly difficult to measure the size of the napkin cutout against the size of the cups/plates, not only because they are very angular, but also because once the napkin is wet it stretches beyond my expectations. I’m not very happy with the way the edges of the plates turned out, but I guess I can file them slightly once done.
When the set is fully complete I’ll post before and after pictures.
Hope you’re all having a fabulous day!