July 20, 2009

Been So Long…

I know, I’ve been a total slacker when it comes to keeping the blog updated lately! I can’t really say I’ve been swamped with projects and things to do, but work has the tendency to suck all juice out of me to the point where when I come home all I want to do is… nothing. Is this really bad of me?

In the past couple of weeks (and then some) I’ve only worked on a couple of things. On a good note, I have the rest of the week off of work!

I bought a cardboard sheet to use as backing for my serviette technique pictures, but I still need to go out with mom to buy some frames for them. I’ve also got a random ideas for napkin rings, which I will probably complete by the end of the week, so that will give me a chance to finally start that Etsy shop. In addition, I’ve got some cups and plates lined up that I can work on, and I’m buying some really neat boxes I found at the craft store that I will decorate and list there as well. In fact, something similar to the box I did for my mom:

Decoupage box

decoupage box  July 17 006 

And I had a neat little ‘thrifty’ find! While rummaging though my grandma’s closet I found this little beauty:

teapot vase

teapot vase

teapot vase

Isn’t she gorgeous? I have a couple of leaves in there that I am trying to grow, but imagine the teapot with a small bouquet of random little flowers! I think it could make the perfect provance center-piece!

In any case, now that I have a few days to myself, I can not fully indulge! I will keep you all updated!

Sig