May 28, 2009

Ah that tin…

I guess I am looking for some inspiration with all the photos I’ve posted lately. Yet, that being said, I have so many projects shaping in my mind that I find myself wanting to start a crafter’s journal just to keep them all organized. My real problem right now is that because of finals I took 3 weeks off of work and that really limits our income. Plus we’re having our AC fixed, so I really have to watch my spending and this puts all my crafty projects on hold.

In the meantime, however, I really have found some great inspirations and have added a ton of little things to my projects. I’m just waiting to go back to work so I can afford all the little things I so desperately want to get.

I haven’t decided what will be the first thing I make, but I have some vague idea – either a tin can planter/lantern or a jar lantern. Maybe. I hope. Who knows what will spike my interest next? Hah, I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

To keep the inspiration flowing our way, here’s some photos I found to support future projects. Enjoy!

P1340567

F0324_320x400

3501657057_9578a7bb20

TinCanGarden

cherry_menlove_tin_can_posy_vase_2

So much color! Imagine the cans wrapped in deco paper, adorned using the serviette technique or decoupage, with added felt or buttons, or simple paint. I have so many ideas that I don’t know where to start!

For now, thought, I think I will go for a set of three different-looking cans to hang on the empty wall of my balcony. What do you think?

Sig

[Click on images to go to their sources]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the tins with the buttons on are fab, as are the blue ones on the wall!!

i am rubbish with houseplants... I am so looking forward to having a garden again one day so I can have fun with pots and flowers :-)

Rose XXX

Anonymous said...

Hi Evy,

Just to let you know, I have nominated you for an award on my blog :-)

Rose XXX